What is a CSA?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture - a direct partnership between farmers and communities. Before the start of each growing season, CSA shareholders pay for a full season worth of vegetables. By doing so, they help provide the farmer with necessary capital to buy seeds, build soil, and pay their own wages. Through CSA programs, farmers are ensured a steady market regardless of seasonal or weather fluctuations. CSA members benefit by receiving a full share of fresh vegetables every week at below retail market value. While we always plan a fruitful harvest season, part of being a CSA member is sharing in both the risks (like pests) and rewards (like endless fall greens) that are inherent to small scale organic farming. Every week CSA members have the opportunity to talk and connect with the farmers at pick-up, where they are available to answer questions, give recipe advice, and give you the lowdown on what we’ve been up to.
HOW IT WORKS:
(1) Sign up through our online form,
(2) pay at the start of the season, and
(3) enjoy weekly bags of fresh local produce all summer long, delivered to convenient pickup locations in Chepachet, Cumberland, and Providence.
The CSA runs for 20 weeks beginning on Thursday, June 14th and ending on Thursday, October 25th. The first Monday pickup is June 18th and the last Monday pickup is October 29th.
- $525 for a full share (good for a family or a couple)
- $285 for a half share (good for an individual)
- Reduced price available for work share - learn more here
Sliding scale available - contact us for more information
The full share costs about $26 per week, and we will always pack your bags with at least $28 of produce at market value.
The half share costs about $14 per week, and we will always pack your bags with at least $15 of produce at market value.
We pass along these savings to you in grateful recognition of the funding that the CSA model provides for the farmers in the lean, mean springtime.
PICKUP LOCATIONS& Days
- Thursdays from 3pm-6pm at the Cumberland Public Library
- Mondays from 3pm-6pm at the farm in Chepachet.
- Mondays 4:30pm-6:30pm at 22 Arch St. in Providence.